Commercial Damages / Lost Profits Analysis
Every commercial-damages dispute presents unique issues. To deal with his complexity, economists at the Center for Forensic Economic Studies have developed economic models that consider the unique aspects of the business itself, the pertinent industry and other market variables that might affect the bottom line
The Center has been called on to provide analysis in many commercial areas, including antitrust, business interruption, patent infringement, assessment of financial incentives for arson, excess compensation, business valuation, breach of contract and tortious interference. The Center’s forensic economists have analyzed lost-profit and accounting-fraud claims arising in a wide variety of industries, and excel at uncovering and interpreting data, financial documents and facts germane to such claims.
Contact the Center to discuss how we can help you prepare and present your commercial-damages case.
Representative commercial-damages assignments:
- Lost-profits analysis and valuations in numerous matters including franchise disputes, liquidated-damages claims and violations of non-compete agreements.
- Evaluated economic loss relating to an alleged breach of contract involving a startup UPS franchise.
- Evaluated economic loss to a limousine company resulting from the destruction of a portion of its fleet.
- Evaluated economic loss relating to crop damage sustained by a commercial farm as a result of a housing developer’s conduct.
- Evaluated economic loss sustained by real property owner as a result of a property manager’s conduct.
- Evaluated economic loss stemming from an alleged breach of an employment contract with a medical practice.
- Evaluated economic loss sustained by a commercial property owner as a result of an alleged breach of contract.
- Evaluated economic loss sustained by an airline services company as a result an alleged breach of contract with the prior owner.
- Evaluated economic loss resulting from a disputed business acquisition of an emergency-response firm.
- Performed a valuation of a controlling interest in an insurance-claims processor.
- Performed a valuation of a controlling interest in a coin-operated laundry.
Evaluated economic loss to many other types of businesses, including:
- Photo finishers
- Information technologists
- Funeral homes
- Dry cleaners
- Medical practices
- Cable TV services